It's been quite a week for the Bulldogs Basketball Program. Pitt began the week taking on Vance-Granville in a game that was being made up due to inclement weather. The Bulldogs saw six players record double digit points in a 110-65 victory. The next opponent was the Lancers of Lenoir Community College. Pitt once again posted an offensive attack that racked up 113 points en route to victory. Brandon Faison lef the Bulldogs with 23 points, followed by Antonio Freeman with 22 and Darian Daniels with 17. The third game of the week was Black Out night for the Bulldogs at home. In front of a great home crowd, Pitt recorded a season high 116 points and tallied their largest margin of victory of the year, winning by 79. During the contest, every single member of the team scored at least 4 points with Kenneth Sims Jr. leading the scoring with 13. In the fourth game of the week, PCC defeated Wake Tech in a closely fought battle 80-77. Brandon Faison the Bulldogs with 26 points and Antonio Freeman added a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Pitt defeated Bryant & Stratton (#20) 84-80 at home on Sunday to finish out a perfect 5-0 week. Antonio Freeman led the Bulldog offense with 16 points.
- Pitt is now 18-5 overall, 10-4 in the conference (4th place out of 11 teams)
- Brandon Faison is currently 4th in the nation in points per game
- Antonio Freeman is currently 4th in the nation in rebounds per game
- Pitt's next contest is Thursday, February 8th @ Vance-Granville
- Next home game is Saturday, February 10th at 3:00 vs. Fayetteville Tech